News & Announcements
Green Kashmir 2019-2020 Plans.
1. To deliver workshops across the 10 districts of Kashmir on the Principles
of Permaculture and Agroecology.
2. Identify the village for the proposed development of a Permaculture
Village, in collaboration with the Agricultural Department of Kashmir.
3. Make Permaculture widely practiced across the 10 districts of the
Kashmir Valley through the Department of Agriculture Kashmir, to play a
pivotal role in the current vulnerability assessment under way throughout
the Indian Himalayan Region on Climate Change.
4. Develop partnerships that will also address the urgent issues of Climate
Change in the Indian Himalayan Region (IHR), and in particular in
Kashmir, as well as addressing the local grass roots issues of farmers;
reforestation; water harvesting; introduction of crops that are better
suited to new and developing climatic conditions; soil protection and
restoration; and agroecology, etc.
5. Introduce Permaculture and climate change adaptations strategy amongst
Saffron farmers to support them for the preservation and promotion of
Phase one starting
25th May - 6th June 2018
Join us with Justin Robertshaw for this exciting opportunity to explore engaging children in outdoor learning. for more details please click Permaculture in Schools link below.
After the inauguration and naming ceremony on 21st March 2018. We are delighted to share the official name for our Kashmir Permaculture demonstration site, which will be known as Navroz Bagh 'The garden of the new dawn'
May this be an example of love, sharing, caring, learning, teaching and community spirit..